Light at The End of The Tunnel


“The world as I see it, is a remarkable place
A beautiful house in a forest, of stars in outer space.
From a bird's eye view, I can see it has a well-rounded personality
From a bird's eye view, I can see we are family” – Jason Mraz
If you have heard this before, then you must have listened to Jason Mraz’s song ‘The World as I see it’. Life is giving so much to us these days that we are constantly looking down to survive. We do not find time to look up.

I loved blogging ever since the concept came into play, and I started my first blog when I was in school, some 10 years back. I loved writing, and more than anything, I loved to think. My passion for automobiles was greater than anything else, and I decided to study Mechanical Engineering after school, but the course was not even close to what I imagined it to be. While I still consider that as a waste of time, the harsh reality is that nothing can be done about it.
Image Courtesy: Posipesi.com
I am self employed now. I run two websites, I have my own Amazon Author Page, and most of all, I have a life. I also take up freelancing projects, in order to earn some money, but life’s hardest lessons taught me to look up. I took up a normal job after I finished college, but sadly, private companies in India do not pay you what you deserve. Most people know that, but they still do not want to voice their opinion because they are afraid of losing their job. I worked for four companies straight in a year, and I was never satisfied. Little did I know that I would end up where I started.
My last job was a research writer at a small firm, a few kilometers away from my house. I went to work there because I needed money, and my job was to write. I just wanted to try it out. It went well for a few months, but it had a great impact on my personal writing. Though I had time, my mind was quite stressed. I worked for 6 days a week, and the only holiday, Sunday, was enough for me to go to church, come home, eat, and sleep my woes off. But when all this went beyond a limit, I decided to quit.
I began to concentrate on my Tech Blog, and I told my parents that this was what I wanted to do. Though they are fine with it, my dad still insists on me getting a government job. Thanks to our caste system, I can never get one, since I belong to the General Community. It is literally like getting a seat in the general compartment of an express train in India (mission impossible). But I looked up to what I want to live for. Many people still ask me what I do, where I work, and all the other irritating stuff. They think I am unemployed, I am lazy and that I am incompetent.
Sadly, they do not know what blogging is all about. It gives me freedom, it gives me life, and more than anything else, it gives me happiness. I do not earn much being a blogger, but I have hopes that I will. At least, I am happy to see the search results for my name on Google. Self employment is not a crime. It is a way of life. It is what many Indians need to look up to. The corporate has become a world of modern slavery, with money as bait. But we need to look up.

I have dreams. I want to live in a big house with a nice pond, a few aquariums, a nice dog, and a garage with cars like the one in Gone in 60 Seconds. But they do not make a major part of my dream. I want to make a name for myself, and I am working hard for it. I have the hopes that at least now, or in the distant future, I will win, or at least, I will die trying. We all need something to look up to. That ‘something’ is our choice, but yes, the world is bigger, and things are better. We just need to come out of our cages, and be a little optimistic. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.  
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Blogger who loves to write, eat, and sleep. This is my personal blog, but I also run a couple of websites.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment