The Little Things That Mean the Most

It is true that life has been  harder than ever before for all of us. Things are on the fast track, our lifestyle has become mechanical, and we spend most of our lives working for someone else in order to eke out a living.

Except for the 1% of the human population, which comprises of the rich and the rich and famous, the remaining 99% are not so happy, except a few. There is an old quote that says ‘Money cannot buy you happiness’, and little do we realize its impact. Speaking of happiness, the first thing that came to my mind is a track by Pharrell Williams, that goes by the name ‘Happy’. It is quite a famous track that wrapped up some good rankings, but I love the music video more than the song. It really gives an insight into different people’s lives and their happiness.
Like every other human in this world, I have dreams to accomplish. But though I am working to turn my dreams into reality, it is a long journey, and I cannot compromise happiness for my dreams. I derive my  happiness from simple things. Food is one of them. I am a big time foodie, and I love to eat. Be it a grand multi-cuisine restaurant with a 5 star rating, or a local mess, I love to eat everywhere. But the best food I have eaten so far is the food my mom makes. I eat three times a day, and these few minutes make me happy.
The next thing that I derive happiness is from music. I love to play musical instruments, but since I do not find time these days, I have put my  instruments away for a while. I listen to music almost whenever possible; when I drive, when I work, and even before I go to bed. Sometimes, when I feel bored or depressed, I call a few of my friends and we just share our memories. You know, we all have those friends who have been our partners in crime. They help put a smile back on my face when I need it.
Finally, there are my pets. I love animals, and most of my friends say that my house is a mini zoo. Clifford is my dog and he has been around with me for the past 11 years, but he is not the first dog I have had. There have been many before. He is more like my younger brother and I bully him all the time. My mom, who is another dog lover, says that he is a legal heir to our family, and I agree. But, apart from Clifford, we also feed and foster many stray dogs, and you could see a bunch of them lying on our verandah all the time. But all these dogs have the same love and affection irrespective of where they come from, and I spend at least half an hour playing with them, no matter how busy I am.
I also have 6 fish tanks at home and have been an aquarium hobbyist ever since I was a second grader. My dad a small aquarium back then, and this was something I got from him. It is an expensive hobby, and sometimes, my parents warn me that I spend a lot on my aquariums, but it is worth it. I also have 4  pet turtles, who get special care and attention from my dad.   
I love country music, because those songs have great meaning. One of my most favorite country songs is ‘Chicken Fried’  by the Zac Brown Band.
And its funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most Not where you live, what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind; this I've come to know So if you agree, have a drink with me Raise your glasses for a toast…
That is how the chorus of the song goes and you must listen to it at least once. Speaking of happiness, the song says that it is the little things in life that matter the most. I couldn’t agree less.


Share on Google Plus

About Kemmy Jose

Blogger who loves to write, eat, and sleep. This is my personal blog, but I also run a couple of websites.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment